NATIONAL OFFICIAL BUSINESS REGISTER - REGON
The rules entering, changing and cancelling data in REGON register are defined in the Law of 29 June 1995 on official statistics (Journal of Laws of 2012, item 591 with amendments)and in the Regulation of the Council of Ministers of 27 July 1999 on the mode and methodology of running and actualisation of business register, including application, questionnaire and certificate specimens and detailed conditions and mode of cooperation of official statistics services with other bodies running official registers and information systems in public administration (Journal of Laws No. 69, item 763, with amendments).
Detailed rules of registration of economic entities, valid since 01.01.2012
Entrepreneurs subject to entry in the Central Registration and Information on Business (CEIDG):
Since 1 January 2012 an entrepreneur (natural person running economic activity) can make an entry to the National Official Business Register only on the basis of application for entry to the Central Registration and Information on Business (application form CEIDG-1) sent via the Electronic Platform of Public Administration Services (ePUAP) or through other electronic means of communication. In addition, an entrepreneur can also submit the CEIDG-1 application form in any gmina or municipal administration office. In such case the gmina is obliged to register the filled CEIDG-1 application form in CEIDG, from which the data will be transferred to the relevant statistical office. The Statistical Office is obliged to register such an application in REGON immediately.
An entrepreneur who is already registered in CEIDG can turn directly to the Statistical Office (to the REGON register division) in the following cases:
- When entering or changing the registered data of a local unit not subject to entry to the Central Registration and Information on Business (i.a. a non-public health care establishment, an agricultural holding,
- When applying for issuing of the certificate of the REGON identification number (an example of the application for issuing the certificate [=taki zrobić tekst łącza]).
Entrepreneurs subject to entry in the National Court Register (KRS):
Since 31 March 2009 an entrepreneur is obliged to make an entry to the National Official Business Register on the basis of an RG-1 application form submitted in a locally competent District Court and of the decision and certificate of entry to the register of entrepreneurs. The court is obliged to transfer immediately (not later than 3 days since the entry) the RG-1 application form together with a copy of the decision on entry to the register of entrepreneurs to the locally competent statistical office. The office is obliged to register the declaration in REGON register on the basis of the documents sent by the court.
An entrepreneur can turn directly to the Statistical Office (to the REGON register division) in the following cases:
- Upon changing the data not subject to entry to the register of entrepreneurs not subject to entry to the KRS, e.g. change of the ownership structure, number of employed persons or employees (on the RG-1 application form),
- Upon declaring entry, change or cancellation (application forms RG-1 and RG-2) made in the register of entrepreneurs before the data of entry into force of the regulation binding since 31 March 2009,
- When applying for issuing of the certificate of the REGON identification number. Only a person authorised to represent the economic entity can apply for such a certificate.
- Submitting the RG-1 application form together with a copy of the decision and certificate from KRS on the basis of the amended Commercial Companies Code, using the counterpart of the contract establishing the limited liability company made available online,
- Submitting the application in electronic form (via eREGON portal accessible to the holders of a secure electronic signature, verified with a valid certificate) using the counterpart of the contract establishing the limited liability company made available online,
- Upon declaring a joint-stock company in organisation.
Nursery schools, schools , facilities and other organisation units (including complexes) of education system are entered to the Education Information System:
Since 1 August 2012 entities subject to entry to the Register of Schools and Education Facilities (RSPO), a part of the Education Information System (SIO) are obliged to submit an application for entry, change or cancellation of a school or education facility in REGON register via the RSPO.
Entities subject to entry to the register which are neither entrepreneurs nor schools or education facilities (e.g. private partnerships, commonhold association, foundation, association, fund, higher education institution):
A declaration on RG-1 or RG-2 application form submitted to the locally competent (with respect to the address of the entity) statistical office is required. The person submitting the application has to possess a written authorisation for representing the entity and the documents confirming setting up of the entity or change of the characteristics subject to registration. Entities which are not entrepreneurs can send their RG-1 and RG-2 application forms to the Statistical Office’s in Warsaw postal address:
Urząd Statystyczny w Warszawie
ul. 1 Sierpnia 21, 02-134 Warszawa
According to the Art. 43, sect. 3 of the Law on official statistics, the statistical offices issue certificates of the REGON identification number upon request of an entity registered in REGON register.
Statistical Office in Warsaw,
ul. 1 Sierpnia 21, 02-134 Warsaw
Ground floor, REGON room,
Monday 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Tuesday-Friday 7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Direct phone numbers: 22 464 20 83, 22 464 22 40
Telephone exchange: 22 464 20 00,
Fax 22 846 78 31,
Branch Offices: Ciechanów, Ostrołęka, Płock, Radom, Siedlce.
Excerpts from REGON and TERYT registers concerning Mazowieckie voivodship area can be bought upon placing a written order in the Statistical Office in Warsaw or in any of the branch offices.
Detailed information available on the website of the Central Statistical Office:
- Subjects and data included in the register
- How to submit an application (in Polish)
- "One counter" business registration procedure (in Polish)
- Issuing certificates of REGON identification number (in Polish)
RG application forms and specimens presenting how to fill them in correctly are available in the office’s premises and in branch offices. The forms can also be downloaded from here.
The website of the Central Statistical Office presents the rules for accessing the information from REGON register free of charge and for a fee.