Official statistics guarantees equal, indiscriminatory and simultaneous access to statistical data for all users.
- The individual and personal data, collected and gathered in the statistical surveys of official statistics, are subject to particular protection. They are covered by the statistical confidentiality principle – and as such they cannot be disseminated or published. They shall be used exclusively for statistical calculations, compilations and analyses, and by statistical services in preparation of sampling frames for statistical surveys.
- Also aggregated data shall not be published or disseminated if it could be linked to or identify natural persons or business entities. This means that data concerning economic activity of business entities cannot be disseminated, if the aggregated data consist of less than three entities or the share of one entity in the compilation is higher than the three-fourths of the total.
- Orders for unpublished data and information from official registers are fulfilled on commission. The basis for calculating the cost of elaboration and dissemination of the data is the current „Pricelist of the services of the official statistics”
SCOPE AND FORM OF DISSEMINATION OF STATISTICAL INFORMATION
The scope and form of dissemination of statistical information is specified in the programme of statistical surveys of official statistics passed by the Council of Ministers each year.
Aggregations of statistical data not included in the programme of statistical surveys of official statistics may be conducted (under statistical confidentiality) upon individual request (observing statistical confidentiality), subject to a charge.
Information is disseminated in the following forms:
- published volumes (information, publications)
- press releases and communiqués in the mass media
- direct customer service, post, telephone and electronic means
- data requests prepared on commission
- information published in the Internet
ORDERS FOR UNPUBLISHED DATA CAN BE PLACED IN THE FOLLOWING WAY:
To the following postal address:
Urząd Statystyczny w Warszawie
ul. 1 Sierpnia 21, 02-134 Warszawa
- by e-mail: SekretariatUSWAW@stat.gov.pl
- fax 22 846 76 67 or 22 846 78 32
- in person in the secretariat of the Statistical Office in Warsaw,
- or in the nearest branch office in the relevant area.
The order should contain the following:
- subjective scope (information about what entities/population is sought for)
- objective scope (what kind of information)
- time frame
- aggregation level required
- form of dissemination (electronically, printout)
- name and surname as well as address and phone number of the person placing the order
- payment form
See also on the website of the Central Statistical Office: How to order data