Mazovian Centre for Regional Surveys is a specialist functional unit within the organisational structure of the Statistical Office in Warsaw, established by the President of the Central Statistical Office with the aim of conducting surveys and analyses on themes significant for Mazovia. The role of the Centre is to initiate and conduct surveys and analyses on themes significant for the region, to elaborate overall information and publications, to disseminate and popularise the results of statistical surveys of official statistics, to cooperate with governmental and local self-government units on gmina and powiat level as well as with the media.
In detail, the tasks of the Centre include:
- elaborating analyses, publications and current information of the socio-economic and environmental conditions of the region,
- preparing statistical information services on the themes undertaken by the local self-governments,
- analysis of the users’ needs and determining the demand for statistical results, including in the domain of the voivodship’s specific problems,
- initiating regional studies and surveys significant from the point of view of the region’s problems, participation in joint research and publication undertakings with the Central Statistical Office, other statistical offices, local representatives of governmental administration and local self-government as well as cooperation with the institutions and organisations responsible for the design and implementation of regional development policies.
- conducting surveys of the economic situation in the region, including direct monitoring,
- running and administrating base of knowledge about the region,
- disseminating and publishing statistical results derived from the statistical surveys of official statistics and fulfilling individual orders for data,
- responding to information needs of the press, radio and tv staff, organising press conferences and seminars on the region’s situation and development problems, contacting journalists with relevant specialists from the Office,
- conducting work on popularisation and promotion of statistics,
- conducting educational activities in the domain of widely understood official statistics system,
- providing current information services, running the Statistical Information Centre and the library.