The rules of granting honorary patronage or participation of the Director of the Statistical Office in Warsaw in a honorary committee
I. General rules
The rules regulate the requirements and the procedure regarding granting honorary patronage by the Director of the Statistical Office in Warsaw, hereinafter referred to as Director, or participation in a honorary committee, hereinafter referred to as patronage.
II. Detailed rules
1. Director grants patronage as an acknowledgement for undertakings related thematically to the mission and tasks fulfilled by the official statistics, and characterised by their high substantive and organisational level.
2. Patronage can only be granted to undertakings on voivodship, national or international scale.
3. Director shall not grant patronage to undertakings of a commercial nature.
4. Regarding cyclical undertakings it is necessary to apply for patronage for each edition separately.
5. Granting patronage does not entail a declaration of financial or organisational support for the undertaking.
6. Information on granting patronage by the Director is published in the „List of honorary patronages granted by the Director of the Statistical Office in Warsaw and of the Director’s membership in honorary committees” on the Statistical Office in Warsaw website www.stat.gov.pl/warsz.
7. In the case when the patronage has been granted the organiser is obliged to:
1) disseminate the information on the honorary award granted among the co-organisers and participants of the undertaking,
2) give the information in all informational and promotional materials.
III. Procedure of granting patronage
1. The organiser submits an application for granting patronage not later than 60 days before the start of the undertaking.
2. The application form mentioned in point 1. is annexed to the Rules and is available on the Statistical Office in Warsaw website.
3. The application has to be accompanied by the programme and rules of the undertaking; if necessary the Mazovian Centre for Regional Surveys can ask the organiser to provide additional information.
4. The application with attachments should be sent to the following postal address:
Urząd Statystyczny w Warszawie
Mazowiecki Ośrodek Badań Regionalnych
02-134 Warszawa, ul. 1 Sierpnia 21.
5. Information on the Director’s decision regarding granting or refusal of granting patronage is sent to the organiser in writing within 30 days since the date of submitting the application.
6. There is no right to appeal against the decision on refusal of granting patronage.
7. In justified cases Director can render the decision on granting patronage null or step down from a honorary committee, which is communicated to the organiser in writing.