The task of the Centre is supporting the development of methods and forms of collecting statistical data, in particular testing forms, definitions, terms and questions used in statistical surveys as well as designing forms for questionnaire surveys.
In detail, the tasks of the Centre comprise:
- developing standards for statistical form design,
- compiling a portfolio of good practices in the field of generating statistical forms,
- analysis and elaboration of assumptions for developing an environment for designing statistical forms,
- studies on new techniques and methods of obtaining statistical data,
- refining controlling and data correction procedures, including guidelines and explanations, with a view to adjust the forms to the specificity and conditions of work of the reporting entities and to the perception of people filling in statistical reports.